6 November 2012

EtsyMetal blog carnival- Why do you make jewellery?


This is a tough one! I think I naturally progressed onto making jewellery from when I was making my cake toppers; I had a lot of polymer clay lying around and thought I could do something else with it.

This was my first attempt about 7 years ago, don't laugh, I thought I was cool *snort*


I made some pretty ugly things to be honest as I was teaching myself and didn't really have a clue.  Eventually I decided I wanted to work with metal so I started using metal clay.  I remember when I did my first bit of soldering, it was soldering some posts onto my little paint palette earrings and then sheet metal was the next step.

I still make jewellery because I like to experiment, I like to be able to cut out intricate designs with my saw and see how far I can push myself.  I love getting the feedback when a customer likes my work and this spurs me on to think of more designs.  I still have a lot left to learn and rings are my next challenge, I must conquer them! :)


I am not sure if this has really answered the question properly but I didn't think I have a specific answer, I do it because I love the materials and challenges and putting a smile on somebodies face.


Other members of the EtsyMetal team have answered this question too:


  1. Cynthia Del Giudice
  2. Laura Jane Bouton
  3. silentgoddess
  4. Beth Cyr
  5. Tosca TerĂ¡n
  6. Nodeform
  7. Mary Anne Karren
  8. My Precious Studio
  9. Deborah Lee Taylor
  10. Anne Walker
  11. Andrea Ring
  12. Gracebourne Design
  13. Evelyn Markasky
  14. Inbar Bareket
  15. Jewellietta
  16. Abella Blue

2 comments :

Eyelah said...

Those green leaf earrings look cute for a beginner..

PeculiarForest said...

Thank you!
I think I was proud at the time :)